Zadanie 0. Wydrukuj plik PDF, który znajdziesz pod tym linkiem, lub kontynuuj on-line.
Zadanie 1. Wysłuchaj piosenki z youtube jednocześnie czytając tekst. O czym mówią słowa?
Tell me what you are __________________
This is just the ______________________
_____________________ I have to go
It makes me ________________ like crying
I don’t know ______________ I’ll see you again
Darling leave a _________on for me
I’ll be there ____________ you close the door
To give you all the ______________ that you need
Darling leave a ___________ on for me
‘Cause when the _______________takes me away
You are still the__________that I ______________
I can’t _________________ I just don’t know
Just how ____________________ I have to go
But darling I’ll keep the____________________
Just leave a ____________________ on for me
Yes I know
What I’m asking is _________________
You _________________ go
Just get tired of ______________________
But if I lose your love
Torn out by my _______________________
That would be the one ________________of my life
Just like a _________________ lights up the dark
Baby that’s your heart
Zadanie 2. Uzupełnij luki w piosence słowami poniżej.
although, beginning, regret, breathe, hand, understand, before, when, light, air, world, key, spark, crazy, explain, desire, waiting, love, feeling, feel, far, could
Zadanie 3. Uzupełnij definicje słowami, które są wyróżnione (na grubo). Słowa mogą być w tekście piosenki, lub w komentarzach.
1._________________ make (an idea or situation) clear to someone by describing it in more detail or revealing relevant facts.
2._________________take air into the lungs and then expel it, especially as a regular physiological process.
3. __________________ a small piece of shaped metal with incisions cut to fit the wards of a particular lock, which is inserted into a lock and turned to open or close it.
4.___________________ a strong feeling of wanting to have something or wishing for something to happen.
5. _________________________ a feeling of sadness, repentance, or disappointment over an occurrence or something that one has done or failed to do.
6.____________________ a small fiery particle thrown off from a fire, alight in ashes, or produced by striking together two hard surfaces such as stone or metal.
7._____________________ past of “can”; used to indicate possibility.
8. __________________ in spite of the fact that; even though.
9._________________ the point in time or space at which something begins.
10.___________________ To separate or remove something (from something else) by ripping or pulling it out forcefully.
11.__________________ mad, especially as manifested in wild or aggressive behaviour.
12. ____________ usually intense or unbridled sexual desire
Zadanie 4. Przeczytaj komentarze. Czy zgadzasz się z nimi?
- The uplifting chorus can mask the meaning in this song, which is about a woman who is leaving her man because she needs time to find herself. She asks him to “leave a light on” for her, meaning to wait for her return, but that’s a lot to ask. The lyric was written by Ellen Shipley, who said in a Songfacts interview: “That was very specifically a feeling that I had about people going on their own way. Even though they love someone, it’s just time for them to find themselves. It’s pretty easy. In that story, she had to go find herself in order to come back and be with this person. Oftentimes people leave because they’re not done growing up. It was more important for her to find herself first, which is my feeling in life. And if you’re in a relationship and something feels wrong, if you break it down to not the guy or not the woman but in yourself, it usually has to do with finding yourself and coming into a relationship as a full authentic person. So, I tried to do that with the lyric.
About Belinda Carlisle
- Belinda Carlisle’s story is well known to some. That is the story of the ex-punk rocker, ex-cocaine addict, ex-lesbian lust icon and the ex-target of no fewer than 32 stalkers.
- …Belinda was a girl scout troop who got expelled after three days for placing cicadas in people’s sleeping bags
- …it was not until belinda turned 19, argued with duke and duke throwing all her clothes outside that belinda left home, claiming that one day she would be a star
- …wranglings over what the Go-Go’s stated were $1 million in unpaid royalties led to a lengthy legal dispute that finally was settled out of court, but not without leaving bitter feelings among the participants
- …they began to indulge a strange sense of humour. they would meet some businessman, get him drunk, take pictures of his and their private parts, and secretly place them in his pocket. ’so much the better if he was married,’ they would say
- …it was a case of too young and too much too soon. throw in egos and issues with royalties for song writing mixed with substance abuse and non-stop touring and you have a recipe for disaster. we simply imploded
- …we were getting ready for a concert in rio and it just didn’t feel right. i remember it real clearly because i started to cry. it wasn’t fun anymore. we were just sort of going through the motions, pretending to have all the fun on stage that we really did have in the beginning
- …i was so unhappy that i hated seeing new artists because i knew i couldn’t be one of them. i couldn’t share their freshness or excitement. i was sort of envious
- …it wasn’t until complete strangers wanted to kill her that made her worried. belinda had 32 stalkers, at once, after her and her husband that were considered dangerous. she began to feel like her private life was being invaded
- …i’m really fed up with whole media thing where you have to be 20 years old, a size 0, and blond with plastic tits
Zadanie 5. Uzupełnij definicje słowami, które są wyróżnione (na grubo).
8. _________________a large homopterous insect with long transparent wings, found chiefly in warm countries. The male ones makes a loud, shrill droning noise by vibrating two membranes on its abdomen.
9.___________________ engagement in a long, complicated dispute or argument.
10.______________ allow oneself to enjoy the pleasure of.
11.________________ a sum paid to a patentee for the use of a patent or to an author or composer for each copy of a book sold or for each public performance of a work.
12._______________________ collapse violently inwards.
13.______________ a person who harasses or persecutes someone with unwanted and obsessive attention.
14.____________________ a woman’s breast.
15. ____________ usually intense or unbridled sexual desire