Zadanie 0. Wydrukuj plik PDF, który znajdziesz pod tym linkiem, lub kontynuuj on-line.
Zadanie 1. Wysłuchaj piosenki z youtube jednocześnie czytając tekst. O czym mówią słowa?
You see the face on the TV ______________
Coming at you every _________________
See that face on the _______________
That _______________ is me
On the ____________of the magazine
There’s no ______________why I’m smiling
You buy a piece of _____________
You buy a piece of me
I’ll get you everything you _____________
I’ll get you everything you________________
Don’t need to believe in hereafter
Just ______________ in me
CHORUS: ‘Cause Jesus he knows me
And he knows I’m _______________
I’ve been talking to Jesus all my___________
Oh yes he knows me
And he knows I’m _______________
And he’s been telling me
Everything is ________________
I believe in the ______________
With my ever loving _____________ beside me
But she don’t know about my _______________
Or the ________________ I met last ________________
Do you believe in ________________
‘Cause that’s what I’m selling
And if you want to get to __________________
I’ll see you right
You won’t even have to ___________your house
Or get outta your _______________
You don’t even have to touch that ________________
‘Cause I’m everywhere
Won’t find me ______________ what I’m ________________
Won’t find me making no ____________________
But I can get you a pocketful of ________________
If you _______________ to be good, try to be nice
God will __________good ____________of you
Just do as I say, don’t do as I do
I’m counting my ___________________,
I’ve found__________________ happiness
‘Cause I’m getting _______________, day by day
You can find me in the ___________ _____________,
Just call my toll _________________ number
You can do it anyway you want
Just do it right away
There’ll be no ______________ in your mind
You’ll believe everything I’m saying
If you want to get closer to him
Get on your ___________________ and start paying
Zadanie 2. Uzupełnij luki w piosence słowami poniżej.
doubt, right, preaching, knees, family, wanted, need, believe, life, sacrifice, blessings, practicing, dial, promise, leave, god, take(…)care, wife, night, girlfriend, richer, paradise, true, chair, Sunday, alright, man, cover, billboard, screen, question, heaven, miracles, phone book, free
Zadanie 3. Uzupełnij definicje słowami, które są wyróżnione (pogrubiona czcionka, lub/i są podkreślone). Słowa mogą być w tekście piosenki, lub w komentarzach.
1. _____________ – the origin or formation of something
2. _______________- life after death
3. _______________ – charge, fee, payment, tariff
4. ______________- to call (a telephone number)
5._______________- God’s favour and protection
6.______________- the kingdom of heaven, the promised land; an ideal or idyllic place or state
7._______________- supernatural phenomenon, mystery, prodigy, sign
8._________________ – out of
Zadanie 4. Przeczytaj komentarze. Czy zgadzasz się z nimi?
1. In the early 1990s, the English rock band Genesis released one of their biggest hits, “Jesus He Knows Me”. This song’s lyrics do nothing but attack televangelists and pastors. They mainly attack preachers who deceive their congregations (viewers) and use the name of Jesus Christ to extort ridiculous amounts of money from them.
These lyrics, which are highly satirical, were written at the time when televangelism was becoming very popular in America and various parts of the world. Around that time, numerous prominent televangelists in the United States found themselves in scandals that had to do with conning their own followers. Most of the scam came in the form of the pastors telling their congregations that they would only receive miracles and financial breakthroughs if they gave their monies to “God”. Interestingly, many of these so called “men of God” enriched themselves with these monies meant for “God”. And as if that wan’t enough, they lived very flamboyant lifestyles with these ill gotten monies. Is “Jesus He Knows Me” against Christianity or religions in general? Many think that this classic is an anti-religion song, but it isn’t. The song just speaks out against unscrupulous preachers and their fraudulent activities.
2. fucking stupid americans and their bullshit TV preachers. How much does it cost to buy comfort?
3. This song has nothing to do with atheism. This song came out around the time when there was scandals going on within some Christian churches here in the USA. While there was scandals going on in some churches, mainly in the televangelist tv programs, it certainly does not represent other Christian churches.
4. Clearly a very bitter satirical song about religion and television evangelists who don’t “practice what they preach” but instead offer salvation for money. But this idea isn`t new. The “rotteness” of the Roman Catholic Church was at the heart of Martin Luther’s attack on it in 1517 when he wrote the “95 Theses” (->Reformation).
5. I am a Christian and I’ve been to what I call “disfunctional churches” that take advantage of the people’s faith and take almost all of their money, energy, and time.
Jesus is Real and his Word is so true and deep that all of them who use His name for personal purposes will have their punishment as a hinder for the truth of the Gospel to be spread and reach people. But who can deny we’ve all sinned and everyone of us will have to give account to a mighty God after this life for our deeds, good and bad. And no one of us will pass this test, if it’s not by having beien cleansed by the Blood of Jesus and having faith in Him.
He is the only one that was born without sin. He was born, lived, died and rose from the dead without sin. He is the only salvation possible for our lives.
May God bless everybody
Zadanie 5. Uzupełnij definicje słowami, które są wyróżnione (pogrubiona czcionka, lub/i są podkreślone). Słowa mogą być w tekście piosenki, lub w komentarzach.
1.________________ characterized by an abnormal and unhealthy interest in disturbing and unpleasant subjects, especially death and disease.
2.____________ a cause of great trouble or suffering.
3._________________ a person’s buttocks or anus.
4._________________ a member of an international order established for mutual help and fellowship, which holds elaborate secret ceremonies.
5._________________ a thing that persuades or leads someone to do something.
6.________________ overcome and take control of (a place or people) by military force.
7.___________ a Bavarian secret society founded in 1776, organized like the Freemasons.
8._____________________ of people: having the same status, rights, or opportunities.
9.______________ a central or primary rule or principle on which something is based.