Red Hot Chili Peppers “Aeroplane” (1996)
Zadanie 0. Wydrukuj plik PDF, który znajdziesz pod tym linkiem, lub kontynuuj on-line.
Zadanie 1. Wysłuchaj piosenki z youtube jednocześnie czytając tekst. O czym mówią słowa?
I like pleasure ____________with __________
And ________________ is my aeroplane
It’s my aeroplane
______________sweet and _____________Jane
And music is my aeroplane
It’s my aeroplane
Pleasure _______________ with pain
That _________________’s always spiked with pain
Looking in my own ______________, hey Lord
I can’t find the _______________ I want
Someone better ___________me
Before I start to_____________
Before I start to ______________________
Looking in my __________________ mirror (2x)
I can make it ______________ (2x)
have no _______________
Sitting in my ________________, hey girl
I’m turning into ____________again
The star of Mazzy must
Push her _________________ inside of me
I’m overcoming_____________ (2x)
It’s easy when you’re sad to be
It’s easy when you’re sad, sad like me
Just one ______________could make me float
Could make me float away
One note from the ____________ she wrote
Could_____________ me where I lay
Just one note could make me _____________
One note, that’s not a lie
Just one note could cut my _________________
One note could make me die
Zadanie 2. Uzupełnij luki w piosence słowami poniżej.
slap, rust, dust, melancholy, gravity, spiked, pain, Songbird, eyes, love, rear-view, fear, kitchen, voice, song, fuck, motherfucker, sour, choke, throat, note, decompose, disappear, music,
Zadanie 3. Przeczytaj komentarze. Czy zgadzasz się z nimi?
- The Red Hot Chili Peppers are an American rock band formed in Los Angeles in 1983. Their music incorporates elements of alternative rock, funk, punk rock and psychedelic
- The chorus was actually written by Flea, and the song’s based on an old gospel song “Jesus is my Aeroplane” that Flea listened to when he was younger:
Oh, Jesus is my air-o-plane
He holds this world in his hands
He rides along, He don’t never fall
He’s not religious in that sense any more, but he feels that music is his Aeroplane. it’s probably both about enjoying music and also drugs.
- If you pay attention, Anthony struggled with his drug addiction around this time. And a lot of the time, he would have upbeat music, but put depressing lyrics in it. In my opinion, he was calling for help. There’s a lot to it too. Like “looking in my rearview mirror, I can make it disappear”, is pretty much about Hillel’s death. And Anthony did drugs in his kitchen. But the whole band was there too, that they were too gone to pay attention to Anthony’s call for help. It’s what I see. This song has so much to it, I could go on and on.
- I believe this song is about drug addiction. During the relaease of ‘One Hot Minute’ Anthony Kiedis had slipped back into drugs as soon as he started making music again. He admitted it in numerous interviews, saying that replacing Hillel again made him depressed and he couldnt cope. Thats why he says he hated making One Hot Minute, because it brought up all his old pain about Hillel Slovak’s death.
- I love the Velvet Underground reference. “Sour Jane”.
- the dude who said flea’s daughter’s name ISNT Clara is a total moron. he said her name was claire. Claire is actually some chick anthony dated on and off during the “Californication” era.
- wow nobody pointed out that Mazzy Star refrence? The song is obviously about how Music is his addiction and he makes a refrence to singer Mazzy Star and her song “Into Dust”
Breathless and on again
Beside me today
Around broken in two
‘Till you eyes shed
Zadanie 3. Uzupełnij definicje słowami, które są wyróżnione (na grubo). Słowa mogą być w tekście piosenki, lub w komentarzach.
- ____________________ a man; a guy
- _______________ impale on or pierce with a sharp point.
- ______________ hit or strike with the palm of the hand or a flat object.
- __________________ cheerful; optimistic.
- ______________ having an acid taste like lemon or vinegar.
- _______________ relating to or denoting drugs (especially LSD) that produce hallucinations and apparent expansion of consciousness.
- __________ succeed in dealing with a problem
- _______________ corrode, oxidize, become rusty, tarnish, crumble away, decay
- __________ a despicable or very unpleasant person
- ___________________ a medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body.
- ____________________ lose one’s footing and slide unintentionally for a short distance.
- ______________________ a stupid person.
- __________________ a young woman.
- _____________________ deal effectively with something difficult.
- _________________ fine, dry powder consisting of tiny particles of earth or waste matter lying on the ground or on surfaces or carried in the air.
Zadanie 4. Posłuchaj piosenki jeszcze raz zastanawiając się: o czym ona jest? Możesz teraz zauważyć, na ile twoje pierwsze wrażenie po odsłuchaniu piosenki były słuszne.
Jeśli piosenka ci się podoba, możesz nauczyć się jej na pamięć i śpiewać razem z nagraniem. Oczywiście po angielsku! Chcesz zanurzyć się w języku i szybko nauczyć się angielskiego!