Zadanie 0. Wydrukuj plik PDF, który znajdziesz pod tym linkiem, lub kontynuuj on-line.
Zadanie 1. Wysłuchaj piosenki z youtube jednocześnie czytając tekst. O czym mówią słowa?
Don’t fade away my _______________________eyed girl
Come ___________with me i’ll fill your __________ with joy
And we’ll __________________ through our _____________
Seeking ___________________ in the wisdom we bestow
Turning _____________________ to the here and ever after
Consuming ______________________ in our fiery halos
Say what you _______________________ mean what you say
I’ve heard that ____________________ has led us all astray
But don’t let them make you and ____________________ you
The world is filled with their __________________ empty dreams
Silence is their only _______________________
Locked away inside their silent _______________________
But for now let us dance away this __________________ night
Filled with the ______________________ of fiery stars
And with the ______________________ our sun will rise
Bringing a ____________________________ of bird cries
Don’t ___________ me _________ now let me stay here for a while
You know life’s too short let me ______________ here in your smile
I’m _________________ the fall from the garden
 The fall of man, or the fall, is a term used in Christianity to describe the transition of the first man and woman from a state of innocent obedience to God to a state of guilty disobedience. The doctrine of the fall comes from a biblical interpretation of Genesis. At first, Adam and Eve lived with God in the Garden of Eden, but the serpent tempted them into eating the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, which God had forbidden. After doing so, they became ashamed of their nakedness and God expelled them from the Garden to prevent them from eating from the tree of life and becoming immortal.
Zadanie 2. Uzupełnij luki w piosence słowami poniżej.
brown, isolation, heart, solace, innocence, virtue, screams, symphony, glow, bring (…) down, bathe, transcending, walk, dance, thoughts, fears, mean, broken, starry, dawn, break
Zadanie 3. Uzupełnij definicje słowami, które są wyróżnione (na grubo). Słowa mogą być w tekście piosenki, lub w komentarzach.
1._________________ make (an idea or situation) clear to someone by describing it in more detail or revealing relevant facts.
2._________________take air into the lungs and then expel it, especially as a regular physiological process.
3. __________________ a small piece of shaped metal with incisions cut to fit the wards of a particular lock, which is inserted into a lock and turned to open or close it.
4.___________________ a strong feeling of wanting to have something or wishing for something to happen.
5. _________________________ a feeling of sadness, repentance, or disappointment over an occurrence or something that one has done or failed to do.
6.____________________ a small fiery particle thrown off from a fire, alight in ashes, or produced by striking together two hard surfaces such as stone or metal.
7._____________________ past of “can”; used to indicate possibility.
8. __________________ in spite of the fact that; even though.
9._________________ the point in time or space at which something begins.
10.___________________ To separate or remove something (from something else) by ripping or pulling it out forcefully.
11.__________________ mad, especially as manifested in wild or aggressive behaviour.
12. ____________ usually intense or unbridled sexual desire
Zadanie 4. Przeczytaj komentarz.
- To me, this song is a lamentation. It speaks of two people who were together in being shunned by society. This song always reminds me of a sort of misfit It is incredibly poignant and sad.
Zadanie 5. Uzupełnij definicje słowami, które są wyróżnione (na grubo).
- ___________________ behaviour showing high moral standards.
- _________________ be or go beyond the range or limits of (a field of activity or conceptual sphere).
- ________________ full of or lit by stars.
- ________________ the quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgement;
- _______________ consisting of fire or burning strongly and brightly.
- _______________ confer or present (an honour, right)
- _______________ a circle of white or coloured light around the sun, moon, or other luminous body caused by refraction through ice crystals in the atmosphere.
- __________________ the first appearance of light in the sky before sunrise.
- _________________ away from the correct path or direction; into error or morally questionable behaviour.
- __________________ comfort or consolation in a time of distress or sadness.
- _______________ persistently avoided, ignored, or rejected.
- ___________ __________ gradually grow faint and disappear; (of a person) gradually become thin and weak, especially to the point of death.
- ______________ evoking a sense of sadness or regret.
- ________________ the passionate expression of grief or sorrow; weeping.
- _________________ a person whose behaviour or attitude sets them apart from others in an uncomfortably conspicuous (/kənˈspɪkjʊəs/ attracting notice or attention)
Zadanie 6. Przeczytaj komentarz.
Dead Can Dance: an inward musical trip
Music is essential, and we know that. It is the most powerful fashion of non-verbal art to express the ineffable. That is why music is so closely interwoven with religious practices and mysticism.
Still, not all music is similarly capable of inspiring deep and sincere spirituality. The music industry is on the one hand mostly about ‟entertainment” and brutally commercialized. On the other hand, certain examples of ‟spiritual” and ‟new age” music sometimes sound too superficial.
Medievalism and Exoticism
In 1991 Dead Can Dance released an album that caught the attention of music reviewers by constructing an aural allegiance to the Middle Ages. Suitably called A Passage in Time, the album was described as imitating medieval chant, troubadour music and Latin hymns.
Dead Can Dance envision an idealized Middle Ages untouched by industrialization and other “modern” practices. Contemporary society is described by band member Lisa Gerrard as a “culture that just keeps churning out robots.” Malaise is the obvious consequence: “People are not content with their lot in life … They can sense that there’s something else living in their unconscious being … we’ve been brought up to deny the inner being”.
Zadanie 7. Uzupełnij definicje słowami, które są wyróżnione (na grubo).
- ______________ too great or extreme to be expressed or described in words.
- ______________ blend closely.
- ________________ lacking depth of character or understanding.
- ______________ relating to the ear or the sense of hearing.
- _________________ loyalty or commitment to a superior or to a group or cause.
- _______________ shake (milk or cream) in a machine in order to produce butter
- ____________________ a general feeling of discomfort, illness, or unease whose exact cause is difficult to identify.